We advise a wide variety of clients concerning sophisticated commodities regulatory matters. We represent such clients in civil, enforcement and regulatory matters before Federal, State and self-regulatory organizations, including the CFTC, NFA and all Commodities Exchanges. We are able to bring a diverse perspective to our representation of clients in these complex proceedings and can investigate, analyze and successfully defend unique commodities regulatory issues as a result of our attorneys’ experiences on “both sides of the street.”
Furthermore, our attorneys participate as active and leading members of commodities associations (e.g. as a director and chair of the legal committee of the Commodity Floor Broker and Traders Association). In that capacity, they review and comment on proposed Federal, State and Commodity Exchange initiatives. As a result, they are able to provide clients with cutting edge, up to the minute and substantive guidance regarding any potential impact such proposed initiatives may have on a client’s present or proposed business activity.
- FINRA Fines Merrill Lynch $1,000,000 Based on GKN’s Success in NY Court Regarding Arbitration
- GKN Chosen One of the New York Area’s Top Ranked Law Firms
- GKN Obtains Dismissal of StockCross Financial Services in $2,808,660 Arbitration
- GKN Prevails on Behalf of Raymond James in Arbitration Alleging $2,000,000 in Damages with Panel Assessing Entirety of the $20,850 in Hearing Fees Against Claimant.
- GKN Wins $8.1 Million for Clients from Merrill Lynch after 12 Day Hearing
- GKN Wins Historic Appeal: FINRA Lacks Authority to Enforce Collection of Disciplinary Awards